Quote of the day

"Love is like a violin. The music may stop now and then, but the strings remain forever."
- unknown

Sunday, April 4, 2010

The Man I’ve Become

I was like a savage in my ramshackle den,
Eating like a pig from a manger in my pen,
You spotted me floating in a stagnant fen,
And chose me from the sea of a million men.

You were taken aback by my beastly manner,
Dazed by my funny faces during our first dinner,
Jolted by my clothes which resembled a banner,
I can still recall those eyes looking at me like a scanner.

Our relationship was of infallible allegiance,
But when my crudeness contrasted your elegance,
You realized for our bond it was a nuisance,
And for my improvement, you issued an ordinance.

Though I was stubborn and petulant,
With my every little refinement, you were jubilant,
For all your effort and edifying talent,
Today, I ponder if I’ve become your dream gallant.

- Hoopoe

No comments: