Quote of the day

"Love is like a violin. The music may stop now and then, but the strings remain forever."
- unknown

Monday, March 22, 2010

About the poems

The upcoming posts will be a series of poems written by Hoopoe for me. It was during his voyages from November 2007 to March 2008, and then, from August 2008 to January 2009, that the poetic bug struck him; more so because I demanded that I needed some special gift for our wedding. So, he promised me that he would gift me something beautiful for our engagement. The best part, we never got officially engaged and nor our we married as on today, that is, 22nd March, 2010, however, he has already gifted me the poems cause he feels he can simply write no longer. He wishes to spend that time in another passion of his and that is photography.

We certainly are unmarried spouses, cause with his colleagues, he addresses me as his wife and so do they, even though they know we ain't married; and to a few of my friends, he is my fiance. So, Hoopoe decided that the wait was not worth it, he might as well present me the poems! He tells me that we better get married soon, or we might just forget that we have to marry and may continue living the way we do, till one fine day all of a sudden remembering that we haven't been married at all!

- Sweetness

4 comments:

Sh@s said...

Rituals are a mere formality when the hearts are already married.

Enjoy the courtship days though ur almost wedded to each other. :)

Hoopoe said...

Thanks Shas for the warm wishes.

Yes, we do believe that rituals are a formality, but, they hold a lot of significance to Sweetness, and I respect that.

Zave said...

Shas,
Well said indeed!
A mere formality, and yet the beauty and sacredness of the love you two share will increase many folds with its completion, Sweetness does have a point in harping on their significance!

The Artist said...

Wow, i genuinely felt so so much of love in th poems that i have read so far, that i could almost cry :)

I really feel that you'll are learning so much through your journey in love...it's amaazing!!

God Bless

Jerusha