Quote of the day

"Love is like a violin. The music may stop now and then, but the strings remain forever."
- unknown

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Colour of Life

Standing and staring at the vast empty sea,
Thinking of you and your kisses to me,
I’m missing you and long to be with thee,
Come here baby, for our love is an evergreen tree.

That flower you gave me from the wild country heather,
Reminds me of you in that black dress of leather,
Thinking of all the times we have spent together,
Never mind the sun or the cold winter weather.

Sitting on top of that big black boulder,
I can still feel your head resting on my shoulder,
When the wind blew hard and you felt colder,
The Lord whispered to me, “She’s yours, hug and hold her”.

As my boat takes me away from you,
The sky separates us with her clouds and blue,
Weather hazes you with mist, rain and dew,
But nothing can fade our love colour or hue.

- Hoopoe

(This poem is based on certain moments that we have shared together.
In 2006, on our way to Lonavala/ Kandhala, Sweetness broke off small yellow flowers and gifted it to me, I still have them with me, though they are dried up now. She was in a black outfit then.
In 2008, we were in Goa; at Anjuna beach, sitting on a boulder and watching the waves lash the shore and waiting for the sunset. That's when the cool breeze was making Sweetness shiver in the cold).

No comments: