Quote of the day

"Love is like a violin. The music may stop now and then, but the strings remain forever."
- unknown

Saturday, March 13, 2010

An Ordinary couple with an Extraordinary kind of Love!

I have come to believe that Hoopoe’s love for me is extraordinary and so is our relationship!

You see, Hoopoe and I hail from different states, and to an extent, brought up in different cultures too.

Life hasn’t been easy for both of us! Financial crises forced Hoopoe to discontinue his studies and join the Merchant Navy, however, that hasn’t stopped him from acquiring all possible knowledge! I on the other hand graduated from UDCT (now UICT); couldn’t pursue research while in college, and higher education too remained a dream, because of my ailing health.

Let’s come to what is wrong with me; well, I suffer from SSA, diagnosed in 2001. It is similar to Rheumatoid Arthritis, an ailment, that many associate with ageing people; a debilitating disorder. This made my years of graduation terrible! I would travel for about 4 and a half hours everyday! Getting into the train was a nightmare! Climbing stairs an ordeal! While climbing the stairs of the railway bridge, many a times, I would pull myself up with aid of the railings, with tears flowing from my eyes, from pain and a hurt ego! The medication was horrible, and even worse were the timings I kept. I would leave from home at 6:30am, and sometimes return home only at about 11pm. Six hours of lab work with standing through the entire period made me completely stiff! Once, had an horrible experience of rolling down the stairs of the bridge but, came out unscratched! Miracle! Yes indeed!

As time passed by, loads of frustration started building up; that’s when an Angel walked into my life, my Hoopoe!

When I met Hoopoe, I was stiff and stuck, couldn’t walk comfortably, couldn’t raise my hands, couldn’t even comb my hair, wearing my own clothes was a herculean task, my neck hurt, my back hurt, sitting on the floor was a distant dream, couldn’t even bend to pick up things! And to crown it all, I was in loads of pain! Despite all of this, he still loved me.

Today, I have improved on some fronts while deteriorated on some others. But, still my Hoopoe stands strong beside me! The world (most of those who know we are in a relationship) thinks he is crazy, and so does his family. All of them try their best to convince him that life with me is a path to ruin for him! There cannot possibly be a life to enjoy with me other than pain and suffering all through!

Nobody understands the kind of love that we share, for all of them, it’s a fairytale that will end soon and have no future. People pity me and pity him too!

However, for Hoopoe and me, it is simple and innocent love for the other! Love to take care, love to stand by, despite all our differences, simply an unconditional love! Faith that there is a God who makes the ultimate decision! Hoopoe cares for me like I'm a little Princess, while sometimes, can be really stern and tough with me! He takes on all possible roles, from a husband to a father to a son, just for me!

This love when made public will certainly be the talk of the town! People calling me lucky and pitying Hoopoe for entering into such a bond! Many wonder, what is it, that Hoopoe finds in me, to have build a bond with me, since I have no beauty to fall for, nor do I come from an affluent family! But, what they don’t realize is, what Hoopoe thinks of me; this is what he told me, when I asked him about his choice of me among the zillion girls present in the world, “You are a girl with a golden heart; my heart says, you take care of her now, later, she will take care of you.” What more can I ask for?

- Sweetness

4 comments:

Zave said...

I don't like to cry in front of others, and so I'll keep quiet on the front as to if I cried or not.

But, You and Hoopoe deserve a huge round of applause. I have little idea as to how it would have been you two. And that is love. How often we think our problems to be so big, its only when we see others that we realize its next to nothing.

Watching you two happy makes my believe in love even more strong! Thank you for sharing those words, Will give me immense encouragement when problems just keep mounting on me (or us).

And my heartiest wishes from the core of my heart to you, Hoopoe and both of you! May you two keep shining.

Sweetness said...

Zave! Those words came straight from the heart.. Thank you so much dear for those words of warmth and encouragement. They do make a world of difference to us. Yes, we will do our best to conquer all odds.

I'm sorry dear, for about 8 days, I haven't been attending to the blog, the scheduled posts were getting published.. hence, couldn't reply any earlier.

Hope to always keep hearing from you and waiting to read your thoughts and feelings.

Anonymous said...

Rama says
Brilliant example of unconditional love. You both are meant for each other. Dont loose faith and keep it going. Love shall protect u both.

Hoopoe and Sweetness said...

Thanks a billion, trillion, zillion Rama!

Those words are very encouraging, for ours is a battle against great odds.

Thank you so much for visiting our blog.