Quote of the day

"Love is like a violin. The music may stop now and then, but the strings remain forever."
- unknown

Monday, March 15, 2010

Unsure Moments (Letters to each other)

We would like to share with you the letters that we exchanged on 23rd May, 2006, just three days after we met each other for the first time in person. Ofcourse, we had used our actual names in the letter, however, for sake of anonymity and our personal level of comfort, we have changed the names while posting in the blog.

This was what I wrote to Hoopoe:

Dear Hoopoe,
Don't know how to start off, but there is something that is disturbing me real badly, and I guess you need to know about it.

I kept discouraging you all the time before we met, saying that, when you meet me, you will realize the condition that I am in. But, I guess nothing changed, and I admire you for it. 
Hoopoe, you know the way I think and feel. You know that I have never felt love for any guy before. It maybe so, cause I have created a mental block in my head that I can't fall in love or get attached to a person, unless I get well.
You say that I speak endlessly to you and that is one of the sign of having a crush... Well, I can't contradict you, cause I am really unaware of that feeling. But, as per me, it’s the joy of having a wonderful friend whom I can speak to just about anything and that makes me really happy.
I know we both are not committed to each other and definitely have the freedom to go our own way, but I am aware about your feelings, especially, since you have made them known to me. But, I do wish that you keep them in check and, do not let them intensify further because, we do not know what the future holds for us. We have known each other for just a month. So, it will be much easier to curb these feelings right now. 

I know that this mail will hurt you real bad. However, the past two days, I am feeling very guilty, I feel I am encouraging you wrongly and I don't know how, so I finally decided to write a mail to you and let you know.  I am very very sorry if I have hurt you, but, I needed you to know how I feel.
I promise to be your good friend forever, just the way we are, but, I can't assure you more than that... I have literally spent sleepless nights, and I felt it's time I tell you.
Take care dear...
Love,
Sweetness


The following was Hoopoe’s reply to me:

Dearest Sweetness,
 I felt very nice that you were open about your thoughts. Well, I got to say a few things too darling, hope you understand it, else, I’ll talk to you about it...
1. I really like your concern towards me and my feelings, you are so un-selfish, I’m touched that you were only concerned about my feelings, not even giving a thought about yours..
2. Dear, the mail in no way has hurt me, but reinforced my respect towards you.  I like you; because you are very honest, and the one and only way that you can hurt me is by lying.
3. Darling, was it because I hugged you that you felt guilty of encouraging me? Please don’t think that way. I had a feeling that you were my doll.
4. I very well know that you will not commit to anyone till your health improves. I too not ready to commit to any one for another 2 years.
5. I will be your best friend forever; will never go beyond that atleast for the time being. What the future holds for us is for God to decide. We have time on our hands, let’s see what it does to our bonding, let it be time tested too.
6. Well darling, you don’t forget that you too are a human being, a girl. You too have ambitions, future visions, desires, goals etc. and you have been suppressing it for very long. Well, I really wish you don’t do that..
7.  You are a girl with a golden heart, a very rare find indeed. It’s just not possible not to love someone like you. So for now please sleep well. Don’t worry about anything for a few more years, and, if things are good; in time to come, I’ll kidnap and marry you. Well, if I cant do tat, I’ll always be there for you, as your best friend like I am now.
8. Well, before I end, I'm here all ears for you.  My mind totally belongs to you sweetheart and all my thoughts are yours because I’m sure, I can’t find a person more trustworthy than you.

Bye darling
Love you always
Hoopoe

No comments: