Quote of the day

"Love is like a violin. The music may stop now and then, but the strings remain forever."
- unknown

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Bedroom Nights

This is my first post for our blog and I am a bit nervous as I go about typing this post; it’s not that I am blogging for the first time, but, it’s my command over the language that is making me nervous.
Sweetness is better than me, so, as I type beside her posts, I feel like a kindergarten kid writing footnotes to Shakespeare’s  plays. Therefore, please forgive me on this front, because language is not my cup of tea ( but thankfully, I can  still maintain my freedom of expression!) .

My relationship with Sweetness has helped me to grow up in an emotional way. Although, I was growing in size and intellectually, it is only after I met sweetness at the age of 26, four years ago, that, I began growing emotionally and spiritually too. For most part of these four years, our relationship has been a long distance one (LDR) and obviously we have spent a lot of time on the telephone, chats and e-mails. Currently, I spend my weekends with Sweetness, while the weekdays are spent with her over the phone. We spoke and continue to speak a lot over the phone; we have had a lot of conflicts and issues with regards to this too. However, the one that occurred last night is a classic.

For Sweetness, and now for me too, the most romantic time to speak over the phone is just before we could retire to sleep; lying in our beds with the lights off, after about 10 PM. Unfortunately, for me, this ambience is also a call to fall asleep! No matter how good and loved I feel, my brain simply refuses to listen to my heart. Unlike Sweetness, I can fall asleep within a minute of my head hitting the pillow; this has caused a lot of heartache to Sweetness, because she misses out on the romantic talk.

Last night was no different, history repeated itself; I was struggling to stay awake and speak romantically too, both at the same time. Sweetness realizes my dilemma, and asks me to sit up, stand, walk around etc. After having done that, and back in bed, it’s not only hard to get up again, but also, my sleep dutifully returns back in a much greater intensity than before. The worst of all is me trying to explain to Sweetness, certain phrases that are irrelevant to the conversation we are having, that have cropped up because, I  blurted them out while dozing off to sleep.

An example of our late night conversation:
Sweetness : “ How much do you love me?”
Me: “Lots
Sweetness: “ How much is lots?”
Me: “From one end of …… the.. “Terrace is falling” universe..”

Now, for the next painful 5 minutes which seem like an hour, I have to explain to her, why did I make a  mention of the words “Terrace is falling” ( which of course I said in my 1 sec long sleep!!!!!)???

Although, I tell sweetness, that, I want to sleep; she simply can let go off me and pushes me to spend that extra few minutes with her. Now, it so happens that my brain too is pushing hard on the sleep throttle and simply stops processing any information coming to it. Well, how do I describe this to Sweetness?!?!?!?!

Llike love, sleep too has no units that can be measured, however, I wish some one had devised a way to measure it. Sweetness does relent to my sleepy head with a heavy heart, a feeling of little hurt and lots of “MISSINGS” . Now, I don't know if this is good or bad, but, for that period of time, my brain blocks all emotions and processes it only the next day!


Next Morning 7 AM:  I dial Sweetness' number, the phone rings... she attends it..
Sweetness: “ Hello (in a sullen note)”
Me: “ Sorry Baby…”
Sweetness : “Hmmmmm

-Hoopoe

3 comments:

Sweetness said...

Hoopoe, my language is not that great either.. And by the way,even last night, you fell off to sleep while talking to me. Maybe, I should just disconnect the line.

I am happy that you have begun writing for our blog. Hope you are able to continue doing so.

Zave said...

This was great. I mean the writing was very true. I too am in a LDR, so I exactly can relate to what ever you wrote. My nights are quiet the same, with a few differences. Keep writing.

http://zave-inspired.blogspot.com/

Hoopoe said...

Thank you Zave, I will try my best to keep up the quality.