Quote of the day

"Love is like a violin. The music may stop now and then, but the strings remain forever."
- unknown

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Our Simple Valentine’s Day!

Hoopoe will be home for the weekend, a special weekend cause Sunday is Valentine’s Day. I put on my thinking cap to do my simple best; what better way than to cook up food for him (Hoopoe enjoys cooking and makes real tasty stuff; however, he relishes the food when I cook for him). So, I begin with my cooking well in advance.

I made prawn preserve and bombil chutney for Hoopoe to take along with him (which he left behind), noodles for Friday evening; Kulfi, Choco Lava Cake for Saturday; Prawns Biryani, Prawn Koliwada for Sunday.  Sunday evening, we ordered food for the family and had some lovely Kala Jamun and Malai sandwich for dessert.



Now this apart, what did Hoopoe do for me? Well, he traveled a long distance to spend time with me. Although, his exams are fast approaching, he gave me a lot of his time, just to make me feel special. He made a hugeeeeeee card for me which took a considerable chunk of his studying time and filled it with words that touched me! Also, he gifted me with a book, “Chicken Soup for the Indian Romantic Soul”. He couldn’t get the books I wanted, so he settled for this. I really appreciate the time he takes to understand what I need and if I am okay with it.





This weekend, I realized, the small little things that he does for me, which, over a period of time has become an action of deep and true love for me. Else, how does one explain, that, although, we ain’t married and I live with my family, Hoopoe does all of the following for me?
Each morning, when, he is at my home, he is up first to greet me and wish me a pleasant day. He spoils me by making my bedding.
He cooks the morning breakfast for us, which is Porridge.
During the day, he will remind me about my tablets and the exercise that I need to do, to keep my pain under control. Mostly, he does my simple exercises along with me to keep me company.
He asks me if I need anything to eat or if I am hungry during the entire day.
He stresses on me sleeping at noon, because I need loads of rest for my recovery.
He helps me with my acupressure treatment.
He asks me if there is anything he can do for me, like applying cream, especially, when I’m hurting.
He cheers me up whenever I’m low.
At night, when I sleep, he never forgets to cover me with the bed sheets and have the last talk with me!

I truly feel special!

This Valentine’s day, we spent at home in each other’s company; tickling each other, laughing, dancing, cuddling up, talking sweet nothings, looking into each other’s eyes and simply hugging each other.

The day was not elaborate, however, it was simple, romantic and filled with lots of love; enough to make me realize what true love is and how Blessed I am to have an Angelic Hoopoe with me!

I love you my Hoopoe, and I thank you for being a part of me and my life. I thank you for all the thankless little things that you do for me with the brightest smile and the greatest cheer. I feel loved darling, and time and again, you make me realize that this life is to be lived to the fullest, no matter the kind of constraints that surround you.

Love, again I tell you that the wait to our Marriage gets harder each time you leave and go.

- Sweetness

2 comments:

Zave said...

I can't help but just smile, and be a bit jealous of you two!
:)

Sweetness said...

Tralalalalala... Will make you more jealous then! Kidding dear.. and thank you for your time!