Quote of the day

"Love is like a violin. The music may stop now and then, but the strings remain forever."
- unknown

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Things that money cannot buy

Valentines Day is approaching and I can feel that Sweetness is cooking something special for me. It’s difficult for Sweetness to cook, infact it’s extremely taxing for her, but she still does it for me. When I ask her how she manages the pain, all she says is “Love.” It’s now dawned upon me that love is the best analgesic and I learnt it from my beloved.
Sweetness asked me, what I want for Valentines Day and I said “I want a card”. Now the cards of Sweetness are special because she does not believe in buying cards for me, she always makes them on her own. From the time we first met, to this day, every card I received from her is hand made by her and that makes it more valuable than anything money could ever buy. These cards are so precious to me, that I carry them wherever I go and that is why, even now, although I am not at home, I still have got them and have decided to post photographs of some of them. I’m anxious to know, how my Valentines Day card will look like, but I know it will be much better than what I can even imagine. One reason is the warmth of the words that she puts in, it makes me feel so special and so loved that I feel totally humbled by them.
I am one lazy Hoopoe, other than making a few animations during our initial courtship day’s, I have not made anything for her, but rather resorted to buy over the counter gifts. Will this year be different? After all this is our first Valentines Day since we met, four years ago. I am excited to just be with her and I hope my creative juices really flow before the 14th to make her day really special.

I Love you Sweetness

-Hoopoe

3 comments:

Sweetness said...

Thank you my love for the constant love and care that I receive from you. Also, I'm touched that you not only acknowledge, but also, cherish these sweet nothings..

Love you Hoopoe

Zave said...

That was nice!
:)

Hoopoe said...

Thanks Zave