Quote of the day

"Love is like a violin. The music may stop now and then, but the strings remain forever."
- unknown

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Is it just with Hoopoe OR Are men in general the same?

I enjoy having Hoopoe over the weekends because, that is our time together, for fun, laughter, treats and entertainment!

The last weekend was not very different. However, Hoopoe had to get done with some internet stuff for the rental place that he was staying at. He needed certain documents, which, my ma handed over to him and went about with her work.

Five minutes later, I find Hoopoe hunting high and low for something that just seems to have got lost! I asked him what it was, that he was looking for; he said, “The papers given by ma to me”. I told him that he must have put it in his bag. He said, “No’’! I insisted that he should recheck, but, no, he continues searching for the document! Known for my lack of patience, in irritation, I nearly commanded him to check his bag; finally, he gives in…. And there he finds the document close to another one in the book!!!!

Later on, I find him putting money of a high denomination into the pocket of his t-shirt. The t-shirt was not very transparent, but, one could clearly see the denomination of the notes through the t-shirt. So, I tell Hoopoe, “I can see the money right through”. And what does my man do?......  He looks at me with a confused expression, takes out his wallet from the pant pocket, looks at his wallet, looks at me again and asks me, “Baby, how can you see the money through this wallet?!?!?!?!?!?!

Of course, now I laugh thinking about it, but back then, I was already irritated. So, in frustration, I tell him to turn around and look at himself in the mirror. That’s when he notices the money in his t-shirt pocket and realizes what I was speaking about. He says, “Oh!!!! This Money!!!!!

My Hoopoe just keeps getting better with his absent mindedness, what say Hoopoe?

- Sweetness

2 comments:

Zave said...

Written really sweetly.
Nice...
:)

Sweetness said...

Thank you so much Zave!