Quote of the day

"Love is like a violin. The music may stop now and then, but the strings remain forever."
- unknown

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Telephonic Greeting!

Last evening, Hoopoe went for his medicals and informed me about his low blood pressure 80/60, yet, he was feeling perfect; we tried figuring out what possibly could have gone wrong, and concluded that the cuff of the BP instrument was not wrapped properly around his arm.

Hoopoe knew I was disturbed! So, at night, when we were to retire to sleep and wishing the other goodnight, suddenly, my Hoopoe sings an Eric Clapton for me:

I feel wonderful, because I see
the love right in your eyes,
And the wonder of it all
Is that you just don't realise 
How much I love you!!!!!!

This little paragraph never fails to bring a smile onto my face!

Today morning, no phone call from Hoopoe, it's 9am! I'm worried! I make the call! To my relief, Hoopoe is fit as a fiddle, but, the fear about his low BP in my subconscious mind, did take a toll on me. I was unable to sleep at night and even in the morning was finding it difficult to breathe! I couldn't stop myself, and I broke into tears when speaking to Hoopoe! However, he had to leave for his course, hence, couldn't continue his conversation with me!

A phone call during his tea break, and I was suprised, when he began to sing to me one of our favourites from Elvis Presley, just when I said a 'Hello':

Wise men say, only fools rush in
But, I can't help 
Falling in love with you!

Ohh! This certainly made me feel a thousand times better! Thank you darling!

He enjoys when I sing to him "From this moment" by Shania Twain and "I wanna grow old with you" by Adam Sandler.

We both are bathroom singers, but, that certainly doesn't stop me from teasing my Hoopoe, to sing for me "I wanna grow old with you" on our Wedding Day!

1 comment:

Sweetness said...

Aaaaaaah! A smile speaks a thousand words!