Quote of the day

"Love is like a violin. The music may stop now and then, but the strings remain forever."
- unknown

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Hoopoe’s passion for Photography! (Or Madness!)

I have come to conclude, that, a woman always faces some kind of competition with regards to the attention she gets from her beau. Speaking about mine; Hoopoe cannot resist the Newspaper, his blog world and Photography. As far as newspaper and blogging goes, I can’t say much, because, that was a pre-determined personal space made known to me quite some time ago. So, that leaves us with photography.

Hoopoe is very passionate about photography. He feels, that, in every photograph, he creates an image of his vision of the world (I truly agree!), may it be a bird, scenery, a child etc. I must admit, that, he has nearly created a portfolio of photographs for my two little nieces.

Speaking about Hoopoe’s passion for photography, I remember a couple of incidents that I wish to share.

We were together at a rocky beach, Anjuna, in Goa, sitting on a rock, on the sands, waiting for the sunset, watching the waves splashing against the rocks, and, enjoying the cool breeze. The particular spot that we were at was quite lonely; other than us, there was another couple, and far off, we could see a small group of friends. We were having a great time, capturing photographs of each other, laughing and simply feeling blessed…..when, all of a sudden! My Hoopoe, hears the chirp of a bird on a tree nearby!!!!…. And that was it!!!! That ended our little stint of romance on the beach!

Hoopoe wanted to photograph the bird, he assumed it would take him no longer than 5 minutes. But, guess what! The little bird had a better plan and kept dodging Hoopoe!
Result: My guy spent 20 minutes or so photographing the tiny chap!  I was left to choose between observing the cute couple romancing with each other, knowing that my beau is busy romancing the feathered species, or continue watching the vast sea!
How unkind can he be!

If that isn't enough, then here is another..

On the same trip, but, on some other day, we were driving down to a waterfall (which doesn’t exist any longer, infact, it is literally non existent since a real long time!) in scorching hot sun; we were passing through fields and crossed a marshy area, when suddenly the car comes to a halt, and, I find Hoopoe hopping off with his camera in hand.

I turned to look where he is headed to, and trust me....... all I could see was an empty barren marshy land!!!! I simply assumed, that, he wished to diversify within the field of photography, probably, documenting the texture of soils in different areas!! Yes, I know how dumb I can be!!
Back in the car; I was suprised at photographs of the birds; birds that he had spotted on the “so called empty stretch”!!!!! I turned around again to look at the birds present… And yet again to no avail, I didn’t spot a single one!!!!!!!!

If that wasn’t enough, then, while returning home, on the very same day, Hoopoe decides to just better the spots at which he halts the car to photograph the delights of his heart.

In Goa, you have to drive through narrow lanes to get to many places around. If not familiar with such kind of drives, one literally begins to hyperventilate; as soon as, one spots a bigger speeding vehicle coming from the opposite end.

So, here we were, driving down home, and surprisingly, Hoopoe halted the car just short of a board; in red, which read, “Accident zone, Drive safely”!!!!! I wondered what was wrong! To my horror, I find my hero out of the car; capturing a picture of the bird that is swaying happily on the electric line!
If that wasn’t enough of a shocker….right then, I see a bus coming from the opposite side….. and….. it just whizzed past me! That was it! I couldn’t take more of this rubbish! I wasn’t ready to lay down my life for the kind of high that he was experiencing with these feathered species! I rolled down the glass of the window, and yelled at him to take me home!
Well, that was the only one time, when Hoopoe didn’t think of photography any further (just for that day, in case you are mistaken) and we drove in silence to our destination.

Right!! And all this while, you were thinking that he was a man without flaws!!!!! NOOOO!! You will learn more about his idiotic behaviour in the coming posts.

- Sweetness

2 comments:

Hoopooe said...

,Sweetness;you are the most beautiful;loving and adorable bird for me.i click your photo with my eye and record it in my soul.lovely writing,

Sweetness said...

WOW! You really make me feel good, thank you darling.